The Adidas Predator X has been one of the most eagerly awaited cleats to be released on the market in recent times, but they are finally here. All predecessors in the Predator range have been consistent top seller, and I have a feeling that the Predator X will continue that trend! There is sure to be a lot released about these cleats in the coming weeks, and most of it will be truly ‘scientific’!! So, I decided to create a little cheat sheet that should give you what you need to know in bullet point format!
New to the Predator X:
- There is no over lapping tongue on this version of the Predator X. Adidas has chosen to move towards an adiPURE style design rather than previous versions of the Predator range.
- There are no replacement inserts for this cleat, no tungsten elements and no added weight. The Predator X come as is, with one insert that can be taken out.
- A new upper material called ‘Taurus’ is used. Taurus is a high-end supreme touch performance leather that is also extremely durable.
- Adidas has constructed this cleat using ‘Optifit’. Basically, this means Adidas has found a way to improve not only the fit of the cleat, but also its performance. This includes a a new last, Traxion, Thermoform, a medial 3-D design and mono-tongue.
- Redesigned Predator Zone, and this version uses a mix of silicon and plastic, and is designed in a series of small raised bubble spots.
- Dual compound Xternal heel counter is smaller but extremely strong and reduces pressure on the Achilles tendon.
- And finally…the Adidas Predator X just look and perform a lot better!!
Next step: check out the pictures below….buy yourself a pair right now….or head over and read our full and comprehensive Review!