Along with a pair of the new Puma V1.11 boots to review, we got our hands on an extra pair of V1.10 and V1.10 SL to use for a giveaway! I have been holding off on this one, but some of you persuaded me that it was time for another competition! Along with both pairs of boots, I am also adding a $50 WeGotSoccer Giftcard for 3rd place, and a bonus 4th and 5th place prize (see below)!
I am making this giveaway a little more interesting, and you will have to work for it! Basically, I want to see your worst, most beat up pair of soccer cleats. They can be ripped/torn/shredded/covered in mud – whatever is your worst pair. Whichever pair I deem to be the worst will win, with the winner choosing between the V1.11 or V1.11 SL (2nd place gets the other pair.)
This giveaway is going to be run on Twitter – so you need a account to enter! Once you have an account, here is what you need to do:
- First, follow SC101 and then post a comment that includes a link to an image of your beat-up boots and the hashtag #INeedNewBoots
- The comment should look like:
@soccercleats101 Here is my entry http://twitpic.com/1jg4mn #INeedNewBoots
- Make sure your cleats look worse than the image I included above!
That is it – once you follow the above steps, your entry is in and I will be checking the pictures daily to find the worst. You can enter as many different pairs as you want, but don’t enter the same boots more than once. My thinking behind running this Giveaway on Twitter is that it will allow everyone an opportunity to see all the entry!
In another humorous twist, I have a 4th and 5th place prize thanks to a Random Irish Guy Living in LA, who’s book currently sits as the third funniest on Amazon (I have read it and it is pretty funny!) Mark has offered to giveaway 2 ebooks for 2nd and 3rd place. Make sure to follow @trickaduu to say thanks!
Finally, Puma are currently running their Project Pink campaign, a more-than-just-October initiative that puts the fight against breast cancer in the hands of young soccer fans. PUMA is bringing back its popular Twitter hash tag, #projectpink. Tweet #projectpink between July 6 and October 31, and, counting one tweet per user per day, PUMA will donate an additional $1, up to $25,000, to the ultimate beneficiary. I encourage each of you to make the simple gesture of using the #projectpink hash tag as a way to donate a dollar in a very easy fashion!
- The V1.11 and V1.11SL are only available to US and Canadian residents. All other prizes are up for grabs!
- The V1.11 have a value of $180 and come in a size 9US, the V1.11 SL have a value of $220 and come in a size 9.5US. Both pairs are brand new and have not been used.
- All entries must be via Twitter, and SC101 has permission to display the winning images on our website.
- 1st place can choose between the V1.11 and V1.11 SL.
- $50 WeGotSoccer GiftCard to be used on full priced items only.
- Competition open to entries until 4pm PST 08/02/2011.
- We have the final say on all rulings.