I just received a package from my Dad, and in it amongst it all was an absolute classic Shoot! magazine from 1979! While scrolling through the pages, I found this advertisement for some classic boots. For the price of only £8.99, you could purchase a brand new pair of Power Sierra football boots, a British made boot that featured a leather upper and the Kent Sole System (replaceable studs). It is quite amazing how the overall design has evolved over time while still maintaining the core characteristics!
Before seeing the ad, I had never heard of the Power company before and after spending some time searching online I can’t find many details about them or what happened to the company. The boots are a pure heritage design and look like they had a lot to offer top players. If you have worn a pair or know more about them, feel free to leave us a comment below!
Click on the image below if you want to check it out in larger scale!
Information via the image:
“Sierra is a high quality soccer boot at the right price. It’s a British-made shoe that gives a full leather upper plus all the built-in Power features, including the fabulous Kent sole system that can’t be beaten for efficiency and comfort”
- Dimpled Luxury Tongue – for instep comfort
- Polypropylene Laces – weather resistant
- Full Toe Facing – for durability
- Polyethylene Heel – overcomes heel collapse
- Leather upper – for durability and comfort
- Texon Insole – overcomes insole disintegration
- Kent Sole System – Nylon sole with nylon studs