Overnight, we are going to see the Adidas Messi15 get a whole lot more attention on pitches across the globe. Our one issue with the one-man-boot was that only Messi was wearing them, the best player of all time had the ultimate weapons, designed for his own unique style and talent. But from a publicity standpoint, you were not likely to see them worn by different players. Now, that has all changed!
Messi has inspired an entire generation of talented young footballers and adidas Football can today announce that ten stars of the future, playing in countries across the world have been ‘BACKED’ by Messi to become the first players to be part of Team Messi.
Team Messi is a global fan movement founded by adidas Football to celebrate Leo Messi and his standing as the greatest footballer to ever grace this planet. As part of the ‘BACKED BY MESSI’ campaign, these ten players will update the world on their progress by filming their own content for a series of episodes on the adidas Football YouTube channel.
The ten players recruited to Team Messi are:
- Robert Kenedy (Chelsea FC, Brazilian)
- Maxwell Cornet (Lyon, French)
- Jeremie Boga (Rennes [on loan from Chelsea FC], French)
- Accursio Bentivegna (Como [on loan from Palermo], Italian)
- James Wilson (Manchester United, English)
- Timo Werner (VFB Stuttgart, German)
- Aleksey Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russian)
- Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy, American)
- Marcos Lopes (AS Monaco FC, Portuguese)
- Khiry Shelton (New York City FC, American)
You have to appreciate this effort by adidas – who else could get a group of pro-players to sign-up as endorsers of another players boots. It is oddly weird but I’m excited to see more of these boots in play. For our take on the performance of the boots, make sure to check our Messi15 review.
These players will wear Messi’s signature boot, the Messi15, in all competitions this season. And if you’ve recently picked up a pair of Messi15, feel free to share your own personal journey with us on Twitter!
Check out the current line-up of Messi15 boots and colorways at soccer.com.