This is what fast feels like.
Welcome in the new Under Armour ClutchFit 2.0, a boot designed to act like a second skin and provide enhanced fit and feel for players that want a responsive, low-to-the-ground performing boot.
As you’d expect, the folks at UA have been busy figuring out how to improve an already solid Clutchfit range. With that, new features on the second generation release include:
- Updated ClutchFit Pattern for enhanced fit and feel.
- New Microfin elements to provide additional grip in ball strike areas.
- New Charged Foam underfoot contoured for increased fit and feel.
- Tongue enhancements include updated comfort padding and a new notch element.
- Lighter than the original by 0.4 oz (weighing in at 7.6 oz).
Performance wise, it is tough to know exactly what to expect. What we do know is that player feedback to date has been extremely positive. So much so that UA is quoted as stated players will feel the difference from the moment they slip the boots on their feet. Pros including Jermaine Jones and Cameron Carter-Vickers have been wearing them in recent weeks. The introductory colorway comes in a brash White/Risk Red/Black and they have a retail price of $199.99.
To check out pairs, find them available to order from soccer.com.