For many players, the new season is kicking off and having a good pair of back-up boots in your bag is pretty essential. Well, this weekend and the “Labor Day Sale” represents probably the best time between now and Thanksgiving to pick-up something fresh at an incredible price.
This post is geared towards the best boots currently available for under $100, focusing on soccer.com and Goal Club pricing. We are going for value for money here, and pairs that can either be your new go-to boot, or the perfect pair to have as a back-up in your bag. And make sure to read our notes below if you want some extra guidance.
All of these pairs are currently available with plenty of sizes – hit this link if you want to see them and more.
A few notes here;
- Although the evoSPEED SL don’t have a reputation for being durable, they make a perfect back-up pair for their price if you play on FG surfaces. Don’t wear them on AG and they will last. And you really have to experience a pair at least once.
- I’m a big fan of the evoSPEED Fresh, a boot that features a mesh upper and had a limited number of pairs released. The listed colorway is availble for $58, with the newer colorways listed at $180. Why is this colorway so cheap? No idea – but it makes for a great deal!
- My personal pick within the adidas X15 series is the leather over synthetic version! They are a super comfortable boot.
- Out of the Nike Proximo series, I’d rank the performance of the shoes as follows: MagistaX, HypervenomX then MercurialX.
- Avoid the New Balance line-up, they are just not comfortable so a majority of players will struggle to break them in. Not ideal for a back-up boot!
- If you like to stand-out with something different, the Under Armour “Batman” and the Puma “Graphic Pop” boots are well worth checking out. Both are comfortable to wear and easy to spot on-pitch!