A pair of Puma Speed Star’s arrived in the door last week, and although I haven’t had an opportunity to test them yet, I did get a chance to snap some sweet shots of them. Over the past few days I have spotted some ridiculous deals on them – so it seems like a good time to at least give you some feedback right now on what to expect from them, with a full review to follow.
The pictured New Navy/Fluo Orange/PUMA Silver colorway is currently sold out. Other options in the range to check out include a Black/Palace Blue or for the more adventurous a New Navy/Buttercup available at Soccer.com.
- One unique feature about these boots is that they are designed with a microfiber Tech Suede upper – making them a very durable indoor shoe. They won’t scuff easily and I can see them producing an extended life for players who care about their shoes. Although it is worth noting that there have been some comments surrounding the upper and soleplate separating along the font of the shoe.
- The ankle lining sits slightly higher than your conventional shoe, offering more support for players through the midfoot. The one downside I see about that is there is a greater opportunity for the shoe to rub along your ankle. It is a case of taking time to ensure they break in without causing any discomfort.
- They also feature Puma’s Arch Tech support – meaning that if you are a player that needs arch support while you play, these are a great option!
- The outsole is a non-marking rubber that features a pivot point (just under the big-toe joint) for grip and flexibility.
- Weight wise, they come in at a fantastic 8.6oz. This is very light for an indoor shoe and is attributed to the Tech Suede upper.
- In terms of size, they fit just a tad bit long. If I could choose again, I would order down a half size from my regular fit.
Hey Brian! Hope you do a review very soon! One question though.. Do these fit wide feet.. in comparison to the nike lunar gato?
They are actually a little tighter than the Gato – they are designed to offer excellent midfoot/arch support, so that removes the extra room a wide fitting player needs.
These are so sweeet! Are they available in the UK
they are some the coolest looking indoor shoes. I bought them in red and was impressed when I received them. Wore them for one hour on indoor soccer field (which is what they are meant for) and i completely blew through the toe. all the suede ripped of and i was left with no suede on the toes. these have zero durability. for reference last pair of indoors i had were copa mundials and they lasted me 4 years so i bought another one of those
Hey Bryan. Have you reviewed them already?! HOw do they compare to the Puma Liga Finale and the Lunar Gato?!
These are a decent option in terms of price, but honestly the Lunar Gato (in particular) is a much better option!