Puma has released a special edition version of their latest FUTURE 18.1 silo in celebration of Antoine Griezmann’s achievements. Shunned for being too small when he was the younger, the Atletico striker has gone on to become one of the best strikers in the game. This special Grizi Edition of the FUTURE was designed with Griezmann’s personal insight, a player that perfectly embodies who the FUTURE is designed for with quick thinking, instinctual and individual skills.
*Pairs of FUTURE GRIZI 18.1 are currently available at soccer.com.
With full conceptual control over graphics and color, Grizi went to work creating his own disruptive, eye catching design. Some of the signature features of the boots include:
- A custom camo that appears on the upper and outsole of the boot. The camo was created from the silhouettes of his home the city of Màcon, the department of Saône-et-Loire, the region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and of course France.
- On the heel, nicknames he has garnered on his journey to the top, Grizou, Tonie, Toinou, Le Petit Diable, El Pricipito and Antoine’s favorite and most famous, Grizi.
- Wild cat’s eyes across the forefoot so that when he looks down on them, it inspires his inner instinct.
- Disruptive and reflective claw mark graphics applied to the Formstripe and CAT, visible as the cameras flash on those unpredictable feet.
- And the final piece is one of the most important, as Grizi launches his new logo on the boot, fierce and aggressive in its design, again reverting back to his hunter nature on the pitch, look out for the hidden no.7 within.
Just quickly to note on the FUTURE 18.1 silo itself, I’ve been testing a pair for the past few weeks and have been very impressed. This is the type of boot that significantly ups Puma’s presence on the market in a very positive way. One of the key marketing features of the boots is the NETFIT lacing system, but it doesn’t have to be. Its addition provides the opportunity to lace up the boots in different ways, something some players will enjoy. If you are like me, it is all about keeping a traditional style lacing in place while taking advantage of the general comfort and performance of the boot. Review to follow, but if you are considering a pair now they get my seal of approval!
In addition to this limited Grizi edition Future, he also put his stamp on the design of a range of football inspired streetwear, adorned with his custom camo, that includes a track-top, training pant and football jersey. Antoine Griezmann will wear the GRIZI FUTURE 18.1 special edition this weekend vs Alaves.
Find the FUTURE GRIZI 18.1 available at soccer.com.