Introducing a new era of Puma fast, with the branding deciding it was the right time to add a proper speed boot to its collection. The ONE had been Puma’s hybrid speed option, but in its place comes the Puma ULTRA 1.1, a boot engineered for true “Uncatchable Speed.”
ULTRA is designed to give players an unfair advantage on the pitch by utilizing a fully engineered, technologically advanced, lightweight MATRYXEVO upper with reactive kevlar and carbon yarns for support during fast-forward motion. To compliment touch on the ball, a GripControl Pro coating is added for decisive command when on the attack. Underfoot, they are fused to a running inspired Speed Unit outsole to create the ultimate weapon of speed.
Want to WIN a pair? Head to soccer.com and get entered.
The good news is that we have had a pair in testing for the past week and have some very valuable feedback on offer. A full review, which will be posted sometime in the next week, will offer the most complete take on what you are getting from the Puma ULTRA 1.1. But, for now, here are the key takeaways if you are interested in being one of the first to own a pair.
- Set to join the KING, ONE and FUTURE – giving Puma 4 silos.
- These are almost like a weird Nike Vapor x adidas f50 crossover.
- In saying that, they still hold a lot of similarities to the Puma evoSPEED silos.
- The upper material feels very much like a textile material. It doesn’t have a standard synthetic or knit type feel.
- Love the collar, again a low cut, knit collar that sits snug around the ankle provides excellent security.
- As you’d expect, they are super lightweight dropping in at 5.2oz.
- Fit wise, I would have felt more comfortable going a half size up. I am currently wearing a size 9US for testing.
- You will definitely need to ease them in, they are slightly stiff initially.
- Visually, this particular colorway looks like it is office ready, providing a slightly more sophisticated look.
- The official US release date is August 12th.
If you are looking for a pair, you can actually enter to win some at soccer.com!