adidas has introducing Al Rihla, the Official match ball for this year’s 2022 World Cup tournament. This is the 14th successive ball that adidas has created for the FIFA World Cup.
From Telstar to the Jabulani and Brazuca, World Cup balls are consistently huge show stoppers and the interest around their release is pretty emphatic. When you have 32 teams and 1 ball to make their winning dreams possible, there is huge importance in how it performs on pitch.
The ‘Al Rihla’ takes its name from the Arabic word for ‘the journey’ and is inspired by the architecture, boats, and flag of host nation Qatar. The ball has been designed from the inside out using data and rigorous testing at adidas labs, in wind tunnels and on the pitch by football players themselves. And according to adidas, Al Rihla is expected to provide “the highest levels of accuracy and reliability on the field of play, partly due to its new panel shape and surface textures.”
– Speedshell PU skin with micro and macro textures.
– Thermally bonded seamless construction.
– 20-piece panel enhances aerodynamics and accuracy. Improves swerve of shots.
– CRT-Core improves accuracy, maximum shape and air retention.
– Pearlesecent skin.
– Meets FIFA Quality Pro Standards.
The official Al Rihla ball can be ordered at SOCCER.com.