With the release of adidas Predator EDGE only a week away, we were treated to another sneak peak of the hybrid-power boot in what will be the intro colorway. It was via Chile defender Gary Medel, as he looks set to be one of the first to debut them on pitch.
The design is very reminiscent of the extremely popular Predator LZ that were released in 2012. Across the upper, raised ribs create the definition needed to enhance power strikes. Here is what else we know about them so far.:
- FACETFIT COLLAR – They are set to feature a premium 2 piece PRIMEKNIT COLLAR that delivers a highly adaptive fit, with secure lockdown.
- FACETFRAME – Adidas will introduce a newly developed split tooling underfoot that will deliver stability, highly efficient transition and dynamic traction.
- POWER FACET – The key component of the release; a Predator Zone. This time around, a weighted forefoot piece redistributes weight toward the front of the shoe, optimizing power transfer when striking shots.
- ZONE SKIN – A set of strategically positioned ribs across the instep and forefoot are engineered to enhance swerve and power transfer on the ball.
- PRIMEKNIT UPPER – Adidas stick with their most responsive upper material, with a premium band that provides a highly comfortable and adaptive fit.
Stay tuned for more release details later this week!