If you have been wondering which soccer cleat has been leading the way in goal scoring involvement at the World Cup in Qatar, SOCCER.com has the answer!
With a whopping 54 goals, it is the Nike Mercurial silo, which includes the Vapor and Superfly.
- Kylian Mbappe leads the way in terms of individual players, with 5 goals to his name. He has actually been wearing a new custom pair of Mercural Superfly that feature a French color-set along the heel. Richarlison has been one of the surprise players of the tournie for Brazil, bagging 3 goals, while Enner Valencia scored 3 for Ecuador before they were eliminated.
- Lionel Messi in his signature gold X Speedportal Leyenda Messi.1 and Alvaro Morata in the standard World Cup edition are the players that have moved the Adidas X Speedportal into second place. Both have scored 3 goals. Rafael Leão and Julián Álvarez are also two players still in the tournie who have each scored twice and are worth watching out for.
- Gonçalo Ramos leads the way for the Phantom GT 2, thanks to his surprise hattrick for Portugal vs Switzerland. What a way to mark his first World Cup start, especially when he took over Ronaldo’s spot!
- Olivier Giroud and Cody Gakpo leads the way for Puma, with 3 goals each to their name. The Puma ULTRA might be the surprise on the list, contributing a very impressive 19 goals. In fact, it is the one boot that has real potential to move up into the top 3! Ritsu Doan and Aleksandar Mitrovic were players that also scored twice in them before elimination.
- Rounding out the top 5 is the NB Furon V7. Bukayo Saka has been wearing the limited edition New Balance x Stone Island Furon v7, and he has scored 3 goals while wearing them.
If you want to track the goal scoring chart, go follow SOCCER.COM on Twitter.