Check out this latest personalized pair of boots that Nike are releasing to celebrate Cristiano Ronaldo. And in typical Nike fashion, we are only getting a sneak peak teaser of the boot as it plays its part in the impending Mercurial IX range. We are starting to see images of the new range pop-up everywhere, but who doesn’t love a little extra suspense!! And best of all, we might even see this one hit the market as a limited edition release……
Nike has created this CR Mercurial IX that features a bold CR7 graphic and a series of numbers celebrating his many achievements.
Seven numbers are featured on the lateral side of the boot and reflected in a bold CR7 graphic on the medial side. The numbers reflect CR’S record-breaking goals scored and achievements during the 2011/2012 season, including the following:
- 1st Spanish league title
- 9 goals scored for Portugal
- 14 games played for the national team
- 19 first player to score against all 19 rival teams competing in La Liga in a season
- 27 years old in 2012
- 55 matches played in all competitions for club
- 60 goals scored in all competitions for club
“Last season was a very special one for me, helping my team and country achieve success,” said Cristiano Ronaldo. “It’s great to celebrate these achievements and also have a great pair of Mercurial boots to recognize the moment. I’ll enjoy playing in them for sure.”
Expect to see this new CR Mercurial IX release on-field when Real Madrid take on Real Sociedad this Sunday, January 6.
Latest posts by Bryan Byrne (see all)
- Soccer + Golf = FOOTGOLF! Live Tweet Sunday – May 17, 2013
- David Beckham’s Final Personalized Pair of Adidas Predator – May 17, 2013
- UNBOXED – Puma evoSPEED 1.2 – May 16, 2013