Over the past few weeks, Neymar has been teasing us with his first ever signature Nike Mercurial Vapor boot. Well, today we finally get an up close look at what is on offer. The Neymar Jr. “Written In The Stars” Mercurial shares the story of the phenom actively fulfilling his destiny. Brasil’s flag inspires the boot’s color palette (which is amplified to vibrant Blue Orbit and Volt) and is also reflected by a Southern Cross constellation graphic.
What Is Represented On The Boots?
In terms of design, this is one of the most incredibly detailed boots you will find. Nike went to great details in commemorating special moments in time for Neymar. Like, for example, highlights with the Brasil national team as well as the same five stars appear that are proudly displayed on the national team kits. The dotted geographical figures on the boot mimic maps of Barcelona and Brasil, respectively. While references to Neymar Jr.’s family also appear.
- His debut goal as a member of the Brasil National Team, against the United States on August 10, 2010, when he was just 18 years old.
- Last summer’s triumph in the Olympics — acknowledged via reference to Maracana Stadium.
- 11.03.96 references the birthdate of his beloved little sister, Rafaella.
- 24.08.11 signifies the birthdate of Neymar Jr.’s son, David Lucca.
- 02.05.92 for Neymar Jr.’s own birthdate, as is his top speed, 34.7 KM/H.
- His first goal against Real Madrid on October 26, 2013.
- Neymar’s goal in the 2015 Champions League Final.
Upon close inspection, one can see the “constellations” on the boot depict the path the ball took in the build-up to each of the goals referenced.
Additional goals that are personally meaningful to Neymar and are marked on this boot include his 100th career goal on his 20th birthday and his legendary goal against Villareal, on August 11, 2015. Neymar scored in the 85th minute of the game by flicking the ball over his opponent’s head and striking it into goal, amazing everyone in the crowd and across the world. That daring yet joyful style of play is further captured on the lace aglets of the boot, which read “Ousadia” and “Alegria” (“daring” and “joy” in the player’s native Portuguese).
I grew up wearing Mercurial as a kid, so it’s like a dream to have my story on this boot. It means a lot that it’s not just about me, but my family and the moments I shared with great teammates on the pitch.
Built using the same construction as the regular Mercurial Vapor boots, this is a release that is going to garner a lot of attention. Over the next few days, more details and images are set to be released, with Saturday, July 29th being the official release date.
You will be able to find these available at soccer.com.