We have been talking about them for the past week, now there are two Nike PhantomVSN 2 colorways officially released and available to buy. It is the Future Lab (Red and Black) version that has piqued our immediate interest, and it is actually the colorway we are currently testing. I’m all for a pure blackout release like the Kinetic Vversion and they look pretty spectacular, but with a new release it is always nice to see what is under the surface via a popping color.
Nike has focused on creating generation #2 of Phantom Vision for those quick passes and unanticipated moves that are required to be successful. The silo has been upgraded with a revamped fit, superb texture and an easy foot entry to fulfill the performance needs of attacking players. Again, comfort is high on the agenda, with Nike building them from the inside-out. In other words, foot shape and feel through a 90 minute game got serious consideration.
Find the Future Lab version available HERE.
Find the Kinetic version available HERE.
Initial Reaction and Notes
- Color wise, Nike has done a great job. The mix of Black and Red is very sharp, with silver on both swoosh adding a standout effect.
- Nike has included a pull-tab on the front of the collar and it proves to be super useful when putting the boots on! Makes it a lot easier to squeeze into the snug collar.
- I’m all about the collar’s lower cut around the ankle. It adds security without compromising that dynamic feel you need through sharp cuts and quick turns.
- They fit true to size and very similar to the original. I’d rate them as an ideal medium/wide fit option.
- Loving the Ghost Lacing system, again, as it allows you to easily tuck the laces out of sight after tying them up.
- There is so much texture through the upper, so much to elaborate on in the actual boot review.
Yes, we are already taking these through their paces to see what they have on offer performance wise. To date, everything has been very positive and I’d rate the experience to be very similar to the original, with the upgrades taking them up another level.