The latest release from, Tiempo Legend 7, is a boot intended to bring traditional styling together with advanced performance. Nike keep the modern appeal of the Tiempo series alive by continuing to place a direct focus on fit and comfort. What better way to give you the lowdown on a new release like this than with a top 10 things you need to know about them. We’ve been testing the limited edition Black Platinum version in recent weeks, with the release colorway set for market release next week.
- Nike has designed this boot for pro players who have a “reputation for making the exceptional look easy.”
- The upper has several layers of material including; a supple K-leather top level, a textured foam skeleton underlay, a Nylon backer for support, and a Fit-Mesh lining to reduce stretch.
- “There is not a single stitch in the strike zone of this boot. The Tiempo provides pure leather to ball contact.”
- “Fit-Mesh is woven to act like a Chinese finger trap. The more pressure you apply, the tighter it holds.”
- Flyknit is used on a Tiempo for the first time, leveraged through the tongue area to help provide cushioned coverage atop the foot. It has a rippled feel right through the tongue. Flyknit also helps the boot retain its shape.
- Cushioned, articulated pods are used inside the boot around the ankle lining to help increase comfort and provide a locked-down fit.
- They are 22% lighter than its predecessor, all related to the new Hyperstability soleplate. Tiempo Legend 7 marks the debut of the new system.
- The soleplate features a mixture of jagged conical studs, chevrons, and blades. As with all Nike Football boots, the precise traction pattern was refined through Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Nike complete the new look for Tiempo by adding a modernized Tiempo logo on the heel counter.
- Although we now have all the release details, the boots won’t be available for retail until July 10th.
*quotes come from Nike Football Designer Vianney de Montgolfier.
You can find all available Tiempo VII colorways at soccer.com.
What are your thoughts on the latest Tiempo release and is it in keeping with your general expectations for the silo? Let us know in the comments below!